Financial Assistance Policy
Ridgeview provides emergency care to stabilize patients regardless of their ability to pay. Ridgeview offers financial assistance for non-elective (inpatient) treatment to all uninsured and underinsured patients whose household income is less than or equal to 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL), with the level of discount for which a patient is eligible determined based on the patient's household income as a percentage of FPL, personal assets, and amount of medical debt.
What is the application process?
· Applications may be obtained in-person from a member of the Patient Financial Services staff and by mail from:
Attn: Patient Financial Services
3995 South Cobb Drive
Smyrna, GA 30080
· Patients must complete a one page application and furnish supporting documentation, including proof of income, as provided on the application
· The completed application and supporting documentation may be delivered in person to a member of the Patient Financial Services Staff or mailed to the above address
When is the application due?
· An application may be submitted prior to a patient beginning treatment, or at any time during treatment. A patient with an approved payment plan, who can no longer make payments, may apply. A patient whose account has been referred to collections may still apply.
What is the approval process?
· Upon receipt of the completed financial assistance application, the billing/collections activities associated with the patient’s account are put on hold until the patient’s application can be reviewed and eligibility for financial assistance can be determined.
· Once the application is reviewed, a member of the Patient Financial Services staff will contact the financial assistance applicant to:
o Request additional information
o Inform the applicant in writing of their application’s disapproval and the reason for the disapproval.
o Inform the applicant in writing of their application’s approval, the percentage discount applied to their patient account, and the amount, if any, still owed.
Where is more information available?
· You can call: (770) 434-4568 and the extension listed below:
o Non-admitted patients –Ext. 3100
o Cottage A – Youth Services – Ext. 2105
o Cottage B – Older Adults – Ext. 2105
o Cottage C – Adult Inpatient – Ext. 2113
o Day Hospital – Counselors – Ext. 3112/3117
o Cottage E – Young Adults and Women’s Services – Ext. 2117